OUR VISION FOR TECHNOLOGY
We believe that education is preparation for life and we seek to prepare each child to face life beyond the school with confidence. We have the highest aspirations for all children; high quality learning and teaching promotes excitement and enthusiasm for learning which enables all to be successful, independent, confident and resilient learners. Based on the latest research available, we believe that the innovative and creative use of technology, enhances learning and teaching, immersing and enriching our children’s lifelong learning journey.
Senior leaders at the Academy have researched and evaluated the impact of 1:1 iPads in several other schools across the country, including another Trust school, Belgrave St. Bartholomew's Academy. The impact that 1:1 iPads have made on the quality of the education at Belgrave has reinforced the decision to invest in 1:1 iPads at Woodcroft Academy.
· Increased engagement and enthusiasm for learning. (Supported by research)
· Increased motivation in learning
· Development of independent learners.
· Children can approach learning intentions in their own preferred learning style e.g. write, draw, video
· Instant, effective feedback and dialogue between teacher and pupil motivates learners to improve further.
Children in UKS2 had to apply for the role of Digital Leaders. This role involves:
Peer to peer support using the iPads
Half Termly meetings and lunchtime clubs
Apple Teacher Qualification
Supporting staff across the school using iPads
Encouraging creativity using the iPads across school
Be a role model and promote E-Safety across the school